Monday, April 06, 2009

A walk in the park


Reading: Just After Sunset, Stephen King
Writing/editing: --working on the 3rd draft of Lohra's story
Coffee units: 2 at 7:55 pm. Might need a half cup to make it through the night.
Noteworthy nibbles: Chocolate Chickpea Cake with strawberries


While I had planned to make this a bust-my-hump work day, the good weather changed my plans. I had to go for a little hike this morning. Wowser, was that a good choice. A Monday morning in Forest Park, at least in April, is still quiet and peaceful. The birds were singing their songs at the top of their lungs, and the trillium was out in full bloom. I managed to keep on the trail--but barely. There was a moments of total nature dorkdom when I almost fell into Balch Creek. Yikes! That would have put a chill on the morning.

I didn't wind up getting any writing done during the daylight today. My little girl was the unfortunate victim of a run-by vomiting, and I had to pick her up early to wash her. She didn't mind the extra 2 hours of play-time!

I can't believe how big of an improvement this draft is over the previous version of "Lohra." I guess I've actually learned something in the last 2 1/2 years!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I think I might regret asking this later but, um, what the heck is a run by vomiting!?! The visuals in my brain right now... can't...stop....laughing!