Monday, April 26, 2010

Epic spring just keeps rocking

Wow. I've found the greatest group of writing buddies; I've sold my first book--and now my Sweetie-Pie of the last five years has finally popped the question. Have pigs started flying or are the stars just aligning in some new and bizarre constellations? I don't know.

I do know, however, that I respond to good news with pure confusion. And then I don't believe it for another 24-hours or so. And then I get goosebumps and think I'm going to throw up. Maybe it's a good thing that all my short fiction submissions are coming back rejections--I'd be non-stop queasy!

The only bad thing about all this new progress is the uncertainty of certain details. I am a planning freak. That probably deserves italics: I am a planning freak. Since I don't know exactly when Virtual Tales is planning to put out my book, I've got no plans. And since Sweetie-Pie just wants to "enjoy the magic" of being engaged for a little while, I've got no plans there. (Of course, after 4 years of cohabitation and serious commitment and the occasional matrimonial daydream, I've got a pretty great plan and just waiting until I feel like I've got the green light for implementation!) My planning skills are feeling a little neglected.

On the plus side, I've still got another book to distract me. So off I go, bringing my head down out of the clouds and into the realm of monsters and mayhem.

4 comments:

Miriam Forster said...

Hooray!!!! Congratulations! *cheers for epic spring*

Wendy Wagner; said...

Thanks, Miriam! <3!

Shay said...

Congrats! I'm so glad he finally asked! You two are so great together!!!

Wendy Sparrow said...

That's wonderful!!! Congratulations! Yay for your epic spring thus far!!!