Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Worse news

First of all, on the gay rights front, one of my stupid senators is supporting this amendment, the idiotic Mormon *%#$&!. I used to like Gordon Smith, but if he votes for this, I swear I will never vote for him again! Grr!

Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you think it's bad news that gay people are losing one of their rights, wait until all of us lose one of the fundamental rights we have: the right to vote. That's right, folks--according to the radio news yesterday (dunno the actual source, but I think it's the AP), Homeland Security has announced that due to the danger of terrorist attacks, they are prepared to shut down the November elections. That's just in case of emergency, mind you, not a given, but the fact they're even *THINKING* about this steams my brains. I suppose they're really just trying to scare people away from voting. If that Bush bastard gets to stay in office four more years because of this evil scheme, I will be the first to move to Canada!

No comments: