Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The pot roils

Tonight was the first time in weeks that I made Indian-spiced food! I have been in cumin-withdrawal! I was planning to just make some curried split pea soup, but then I found myself making a delicious pilau (my favorite plain pilau recipe from the Vegetarian Epicure, book 2), yummy curried split peas with spinach and cabbage, and really delicious marinated tofu browned with cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Yummmmmmmmm.

If you're wondering why there are no pictures of this attractive meal, it's because we have a new camera that take humongous pictures, and I still haven't worked out how to cut them down to Blogger size. Don't hold your breath.

So much new and exciting stuff I can't quite wrap my brain around it. I think I'll just focus on two big, silly events. Tomorrow is the museum's big fundraiser, and almost everybody is coming as a volunteer to staff the event. All my pals will be getting dressed up in their finest duds and hanging out with the idle rich! And best of all, I have cute shoes to wear! Whoo-hoo! Also great: on Saturday, my sister-sin-law and I are going to see the Sex and the City movie! Double whoo-hoo! I was watching to the show tributes on the last-season-bonus-disc, and if you think I didn't get teary eyed, you are nuts.

All right. Time to help a midget brush her teeth!

No comments: