Monday, July 09, 2012

Hello from my new office!

Hellooo!!

I'm typing a bit exhaustedly--this whole moving business has worn me out. But I am typing from my new desk in my new office in my new house, so I can't complain too much. We are almost done with this crazy process, and I couldn't be more delighted about that. Mess and disaster are not my friends.

If you were sitting with me right now, you'd be looking at this picture. My good friend Galen gave it to me (it's a copy of an illustration from Rigor Amortis) and my husband framed it for me. Some people like to keep photographs of their family on their desk. I'm one of them. ;)

There's not much to update--almost every day has been crammed full of packing and schlepping and scrubbing. Honestly, you're lucky you missed it. But I am happy to say that my story about hinkypunks and swamp magic (a story I was inspired to write by my dear Inkpunks!) has been reprinted in Beneath Ceaseless Skies' new e-anthology, Ceaseless Steam. I can't wait to read this one. You know how much I love anything with a historical flavoring!


3 comments:

galen dara said...

EEEEEEEEEEE <3 i am so so very happy to see this post. Wishing many good creative vibes for your new office.

galen dara said...

oh Wendy, this is SO AWESOME. Wishing you so many happy vibes for your new creative space.

<3

Miriam Forster said...

I was reading your post and thinking "Hooray, Wendy got all moved in! And then I clicked on the picture (without reading the whole paragraph and AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Totally not expecting that.

(Nobody expects the Zombie Inquisition!)