Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Weddings and craziness!

This weekend was wedding #2, and this one was much more lovely than the last. The first was swanky; this one was Martha-Stewart-picture-perfect. There was canoeing on a lake, swings on the shore, caterers circulating with hors d'oeuvres. The bride was astonishingly beautiful. Everything was ... lovely.

It was the kind of wedding that I would probably want if I had $20,000 to throw away on a wedding. Needless to say, I am happy that I got to visit that wedding and will feel no sorrow that I will not have that wedding myself. (That was a terrible sentence--did any of you follow that?)

I'm actually pretty happy that I don't feel obligated to have a perfect wedding like these folks. After all, at this perfect wedding, the guests got to enjoy a quality meal, catered by a top-notch outfit, with delicious side dishes, chicken or salmon. Or both, since it was a buffet. Everyone said the salmon was wonderful. The bride and groom, who are both vegetarians, got to eat side dishes.

I am NOT eating side dishes at my own wedding. Also, I am not going to wear a super-freaking-fancy dress that I wouldn't feel comfortable eating in. I am a Wagner, after all. A party isn't a party unless everyone leaves in a food coma.

Not that I'm getting married any time soon. But you know. You get thinking about this stuff.

After the wedding, we drove down the gorge and pitched a tent (in the dark!). And Monday morning we went hiking. It rocked.

Is there something wrong with that picture, or what?

No comments: